Monday 2 April 2012

The Opposite of Me: Insight

Since I'm engaging myself to books now, I've just decided to share about something I feel with this book I just read recently.

The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen (My first ever owned book)
It is a kind of chick lit, family-oriented type of novel. First, I thought it's gonna be boring but as I  turn every page, it feels like, I need to read every part because I'll miss out something if I didn't, the feeling of excitement as you read chapter by chapter just gets into a reader's nerve.

The narrator is Lindsey Rose, a workaholic, smarty 29-year old woman. She has a twin sister, a fraternal one. Lindsey feels so much different and detached from her twin, Alex. At one point, they fell in love with the same guy. (This is pretty spoiling but the way they cope with it could probably be the surprise.)
On the latter part, something happened that changed Lindsey.

A great book for woman, for sisterhood, for family, for relationship, for making a choice. I felt Lindsey's situation as the book introduced her: a woman with an occasional sleep, always focusing on work and everything else. She impressed me during the intro. And as the story goes.... reaching the end, she impressed me more. Sacrificial love would always be the best, and that is what she exactly did.

The story put me to the exact condition of what's happening. I felt a bit emotional at some parts. I knew the ending would be like how it actually ended in the story (to an extent).
As I've said before, people will bestow their sympathy to Alex but for me, Lindsey still deserves everything. The only thing that hindered this idea perhaps is the absolute kindheartedness of Lindsey. But all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment