Tuesday 26 March 2013

Defining size? Size is a definition?

I was checking out Huffington Post (one of my favourite site) to read some stuff. I came across this articles that talks about one's physical size. Read, thought, reflected.

I am 5" in height and about 42 kilograms heavy. I always say that I'm fat.. stuff like that! When I turned 16, my weight became a big deal to me. Why? Let's just say that I had my internal insecurities and I became scared of the judging society. 
Now that I am 18, I probably had one of the most tremendous realisations in life - I should not care of how small I am, I should have too much of insecurity.

Physically, I look so thin but whenever I face the mirror, what I always see is my swollen stomach. That mentality was wrong. I was so depressed because I was close to being 'stout.' I mean, who attracts stout? Who likes stout people? I WAS WRONG. I admit and I apologise to those who I have offended with my old thinking.I should care about what's going inside that tummy instead of what people might think of it. If that didn't make sense, what I'm trying to say was health over the tangible bit of the body is more important.

I used to feel a little awkward whenever being with my high school batch mates because I am usually the smallest. Sometimes, I feel ashamed of attending events because I won't get recognised because I am so short.
One time, I went to a fast food place to buy something to eat. Someone was in front of me, I was waiting at the back and then at the back of me was a pretty big man. It was my turn, I wonder why the cashier didn't serve me but served the man behind me. Then I realised, he didn't see me. I felt like walking away out of anger that time but I did not because I needed food! After serving the man behind me, only then he saw me. He apologised but I still feel a little annoyed. I was quite disappointed by the cashier but on top of that, I was much disappointed with what I look like.

After too much insecurity, reflection and self-exploration, then I realised: yes, I should care of what others think of me but I have to be myself in every possible way that I can. I am small, okay?
But hey, I've got brains and above everything, awesome mind and positive attitude are the most important.

People may have a small amount of right to judge but no one could ever define us by just looking at us.
Bullying can never and will never put us down because we are happy. YES, WE ARE HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment