Tuesday 8 January 2013

Bridget Jones

I just finished watching Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. It was the second film of the sequel Bridget Jones. As I've watched the first one, I didn't dig much deep enough to know and go through the characters but as soon as I finally had the chance to finish the second one, I find the characters really, very, fully interesting.
(c) Flickfacts.com


First stop: Daniel Cleaver (played by Hugh Grant)
Of course, Hugh Grant. What else can we say? With the sexy British accent and very endearing tone, I don't think anyone would be able to resist this boss. However, I don't think those women who look for true, long-lasting and serious love fit for Cleaver. Cleaver is not the man who would be contented sleeping with one lady. Yes, he is just after s*x. To be honest, I don't understand those just-after-sex people and since I don't thoroughly understand them, I'm not going to talk about it.

Secondly, Bridget Jones (played by Renéé Zellweger)
The main character, the socially awkward, the Bridget Jones. Bridget Jones is quite an awkward being, an unsettled woman who thinks and overthinks about almost everything in life. Whenever the film shows that she is heartbroken or feeling down, she just does nothing but get fat and be as broke as she could be. Sometimes, a little positive but most of the time NOT. I personally think that I've been through this but I'm looking forward to being positive all the time. Spending time with yourself, just feeling depressed can sometimes cause you to be smarter that what you usually were.
Bridget is a shy type, and almost filled with slip-up in the movie. But it makes her up - the awkwardness, the overthinking and the mistakes made her a little more intelligent than what she was.

Thirdly and the point of this post: Mark Darcy (played by Colin Firth)
Colin Firth - I just realised that he is cute. Mark Darcy - I just realised that he is an ideal man, my ideal man. Nothing beats a man in a suit with a degree and an awesome, heart-melting smile (for me). He's just perfect, ya know? I think if I'm gonna have a man in my life, I would choose the one who's alike him - of course, the suit and the smile. Mark Darcy is a patient and loving boyfriend. There was this scene in the movie where he was saying "I love you" to Bridget almost in front of a group of teenagers yelling "lame" at him. To be honest, I'll also feel a bit unsettling in that position like what Mark felt. But whatever! What the heck? He just took the risk and even shouted "I love you" just to talk to Bridget. This Mark Darcy is truly irreproachable. I hope this type of man exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment